How To Link Aadhaar With SBI: It has been rendered compulsory by the govt to link Aadhaar with bank accounts. if account holders do not link their bank accounts with Aadhaar It will not be possible to make certain sorts of transactions .
According to minister of finance Nirmala Sitharaman’s new order, it’s compulsory to link Aadhaar number with bank accounts before the deadline of 31st March 2021. SBI issued a spread of options through which account holders can link their checking account with Aadhaar for an equivalent purpose.
By following the below-listed procedures you’ll link your Aadhaar with SBI bank account before the required deadline.
1. Via Net Banking
Via Net Banking
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com and sign in to your net banking account using the required credentials.
- Now under the “e-Services” section click on “Update Aadhaar with Bank Accounts (CIF)”
- Confirm your profile password and click on ‘Submit’
- From the drop-down list select your CIF number and specify your Aadhaar number.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and your Aadhaar are going to be linked to your bank account instantly.
- Once it’s successfully linked, you’ll get a confirmation on your registered mobile number.
2. Aadhaar Link in Bank Ac Via ATM
If you don’t have access net banking service of Bank you can link Aadhaar with SBI savings account via ATM. Follow these steps for link Aadhaar with SBI savings account
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM and insert your SBI debit card into the card slot
- Select “Service Registration” and option Enter your PIN.
- Select “Aadhaar Registration” option and select the type of account you have.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and confirm the same.
- Once your request approved by the bank, your account are going to be linked to Aadhaar successfully.
3. Use SBI Mobile app for Aadhar Link in Bank Ac
Customers of SBI managing their accounts via the SBI Anywhere Personal mobile app (SBI YONO) also can link their Aadhaar checking account online through the app with the Aadhaar number. Here’s how to link your Aadhaar card to your SBI bank account instantly via the app
- Open the SBI Anywhere Personal mobile app on your mobile and tap on “Requests”
- Tap on the “Aadhaar” option and select “Aadhaar Linking”
- From the drop-down list confirm your CIF number
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm the it.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and tap on ‘Submit’
- You will receive a notification saying that your request has been approved and you have successfully linked your Aadhaar number with your bank account.
4. Aadhar Link in Bank Ac Via SMS
SBI customers can also link their bank account with Aadhaar via SMS. It is mandatory for you to register your mobile phone number with the bank in order to access this service.
Follow the steps below to link Aadhaar together with your checking account via SMS
- Type UID(space)Aadhaar Number(space)Account Number.
- send it to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- Once your request is successfully approved by the bank you will get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
5. Aadhar Link in Bank Ac By visiting SBI bank branch
By visiting your nearest SBI branch you’ll even link Aadhaar together with your bank account by following the steps listed below:
- Visit your nearest SBI bank branch by carrying a self-attested and original copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Duly fill the appliance form and submit it to the chief along side a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar.
- Your Aadhaar will be successfully linked to your account once the bank approved your request.
Procedure to check whether your bank account is linked with Aadhaar or not That being said, even though you submitted your Aadhaar specifics to your branch, there is also a likelihood that the link between the two was not conducted properly by the bank or it could be that Aadhaar has not been linked to your account by the bank or your details have been lost.
To check for the same follow the below-listed steps:
Visit www.uidai.gov.in and under the Aadhaar services section click on ‘Check Aadhaar/Bank Account Linking Status’ in the ‘My Aadhaar’ Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16 digits Virtual ID Enter the safety code and click on on ‘Send OTP’ you’ll now get an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number. Authenticate the OTP by entering it on the required space and click on ‘Login’ The website indicates whether your Aadhaar number is correctly identified or not upon successful login.
These are those ways to link Aadhaar Number with Bank Account Number.